Samsung produces some of the best smart TVs available, with a wide range of models to suit every budget and space. In fact, Samsung produces more than just one line of smart TVs, but several. Even still, all those different series can make it confusing to figure out exactly which model you want to buy and whether it has Chromecast support or not. Add Chromecast support to any TV in just 5 minutes With that in mind, here’s everything you need to know about whether a Samsung TV has Chromecast built-in and if not how you can get the Google Cast function on your new set anyway. This article covers everything from entry-level models like the Samsung UN43MU6300 to premium options like the Samsung Q9F or Q8C or even something like the Samsung NU6920.
Do Samsung Tvs Have Chromecast?
Yes, Samsung TVs come with built-in Chromecast technology. This means that you can cast content from your phone or tablet to your TV using Google’s Chromecast app. To set up Chromecast on your TV, open the Chromecast app and follow the instructions.
How To Find Out If Your Samsung Tv Has Chromecast?
1. Check the box
The first thing you need to do is check the box on the manufacturer’s website. There are two ways to do this:
- Go to Samsung’s official website.
- Search for your model number on Amazon, Best Buy, or Samsung’s own website and then compare the results with what you see on the manufacturer’s website.
2. Check for a sticker somewhere
If you can’t find any information about Chromecast support on Samsung’s website, look for a sticker somewhere on your TV that says “Chromecast built-in.” If you don’t see one of these stickers, there’s a good chance that your TV doesn’t have Chromecast built-in. If you do find one of these stickers and it says “Chromecast built-in,” then congratulations! You now know that your brand-new Samsung TV has Chromecast built-in and can begin using it right away!
3. Check the box on a Samsung model you own
If you’re not sure if your TV has Chromecast built-in, but you have one of Samsung’s smart TVs and it does have the Chromecast logo on the box, then you know that your set has Chromecast built-in. You can now begin using this great feature right away! if your TV has Chromecast built-in, you can check its box to see if it says “Chromecast built-in.”
4. Google Cast can be added to any Samsung TV
If you need help getting your new TV set up with Chromecast, then this guide will help you. It explains how to set up Chromecast on any Samsung Smart TV, no matter what model number it is. Check out our guide for the steps you need to take in order to get your new Samsung Smart TV set up with Chromecast.
How To Stream From Samsung Tv To Chromecast?
- Log into your Samsung account and go to the app store.
- Download and install the Chromecast app from Google Play or App Store.
- Open the Chromecast app and follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromecast device.
- Go to your Samsung Smart TV’s apps menu, find ‘Samsung Smart Hub’, then in ‘Settings’ select ‘Cast’.
- Choose ‘Cast Screen’ under ‘Your Apps & Devices.
- Select a video file from your phone or laptop that you would like to play on your TV screen and select it from the list of available devices on the right side of the screen. You can also choose other options such as Audio or AirPlay under that list as well; you may want to choose these if you want to control volume, skip track, etc., using your phone or laptop instead of using a remote control on your TV set itself. The option is very helpful in some cases when you don’t have a TV remote.
- After selecting the device, choose ‘Start Casting’.
- The video will immediately start playing on your TV screen from your phone or laptop you can use the volume controls on your phone to adjust the volume of the video as well. You can also use screen mirroring from your phone to control the video’s playback with a remote control that you have or do not have in front of you.
- To stop casting, press and hold down on the Cast button on your Samsung Smart TV for a few seconds until it turns into a cross icon. If you want to resume casting, press and hold down on that button again and select ‘Resume Casting’.
- Now, when you want to watch videos from YouTube or Netflix, just launch the relevant app and start streaming videos without any hassle; it’s all done through your Samsung Smart TV!
Best Alternatives To Chromecast On Samsung Tv
1. Amazon Fire Stick
Amazon Fire Stick is a worthwhile alternative to Chromecast on Samsung TV. It’s a small device which connects to your TV using an HDMI cable and allows you to stream videos, games, and music from the internet. It supports over 2,000 apps and games including Netflix, YouTube, and Google Play.
2. Roku Streaming Player
Roku Streaming Player is another good option if you’re looking for an alternative to Chromecast on Samsung TVs with Roku built-in (not compatible with Samsung Tizen). This device connects via HDMI cable with your television set up for streaming content from Netflix, Hulu Plus, or Amazon Instant Video as well as thousands of other apps such as YouTube, Pandora, and Spotify.
3. Roku Streaming Stick
If you already have a Roku device then the next step is to buy the Roku Streaming Stick. This small device connects to your TV using an HDMI cable and allows you to stream videos, games, and music from the internet. It supports over 2,000 apps and games including Netflix, YouTube, and Google Play.
4. Apple TV
If you have an Apple TV then you’re in luck because there are many alternatives to Chromecast on Samsung TVs with Apple TV built in. You can use your Apple TV as a remote control for your television as well as access thousands of apps such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, and iTunes store where you can buy movies, music, or TV shows.
If you already own a Samsung TV, it may not be obvious whether it has Chromecast built-in or not. This can make it difficult to know whether you can get the Google Cast function on your TV if you want to stream from your phone or computer. If you’re shopping for a new TV and you want to make sure it has Chromecast built-in, make sure you check the specifications to see what model number it is and when it was made.
Q: “What is the difference between Chromecast and Google Cast?”
A: Chromecast is a streaming media device that can be plugged into any HDMI input on a TV. Google Cast is a platform that allows you to send content from your phone or computer to your TV.
Q: “How do I stream from my computer to my TV?”
A: You can either use the Google Chrome browser, or you can download the Google Home app for iOS and Android and use it with your phone. You will then have to search for a video or music app on your phone, tap it, and then drag and drop the file onto the app’s screen. Once this is done, you will be able to stream directly from your phone to your TV.
Q: What is the best place to find out whether my TV has Chromecast built-in?
The best place to check is the back of your TV (or in the box). If you can’t see a Chromecast symbol, you don’t have Chromecast built-in.