Nintendo is about to launch its new hybrid console, the Nintendo Switch. It’s a device that has the potential to change how we think about home gaming forever. Instead of being locked to our televisions like most other consoles, the Nintendo Switch can be played in a number of different ways. It’s what Nintendo calls a “home console that you can take anywhere.” Here’s everything you need to know about the Nintendo Switch and its games!
Does Nintendo Switch Come With Games?
No, it doesn’t come with games. You have to buy games separately. But it comes bundled with joy-con controllers. You can also buy games separately and use Joy-con controllers.
Why Your Nintendo Switch Doesn’t Come With Games?
1. You’re Going To Need More Storage Anyway
One thing you’ll notice right away is that the Nintendo Switch has a very small internal storage capacity by modern standards. This is almost certainly a deliberate design choice on Nintendo’s part, as it means that people are far less likely to hoard tons of games and then end up not playing anything ever again. Unfortunately, it also means that you’re going to need to purchase a memory card along with your console, as the included 32GB simply won’t be sufficient for most people. In fact, it’s highly likely that you’ll hit this storage limit with just one or two games installed.
2. It’s A Platform Where Games Are Built To Grow
Nintendo consoles have always been a little different from the rest and the Nintendo Switch is no exception to this rule. While other gaming platforms might be designed with a core series of games in mind and then build their audience from there, it’s actually the other way around for Nintendo. Instead, they seem to be letting the demand for this console shape the kind of games they produce and are currently bringing to market. So, as more people purchase Switch consoles and start playing games, this is going to inspire game designers to create even more content for it. This, in turn, is going to encourage even more people to buy the console and start playing those games, and so on and so forth. One great example of this is the recently released Pokemon: Let’s Go games. These were first announced as being completely separate entities but have since morphed into something a lot more special and exciting.
3. Nintendo Switch Games Are Not Cheap!
Unfortunately, Nintendo Switch games are not cheap and unless you’re able to get them during a sale, you’ll likely be paying a lot more than you were expecting for that next new game you’ve got your heart set on. This is not only because the games are packed full of great content but also because Nintendo is a company that is ultimately responsible for covering the full costs of developing and manufacturing the Switch console and all the games being made for it. As such, they are forced to charge a higher price than most other console manufacturers in an effort to make their money back. This is part of the reason why it’s common to see several different versions of the same game being released – it allows Nintendo to charge different prices for different audiences and offer something for everyone. For example, a collector’s edition of a game might come with extra content but cost a little bit extra, while a special ‘e’ version could be intended for younger players and cost less.
4. Bundled Games Are Often Old & Disc-Based Anyways
One of the main reasons why Nintendo has opted not to bundle games with the Nintendo Switch is because they actively want their customers to be able to play their classic games. However, it’s important to understand that these are often old games that have been repackaged and re-released in a disc-based format. However, while this may seem strange, it actually makes perfect sense when we consider the fact that Nintendo is a company that is primarily focused on making and growing games that work on a unique, hybrid platform. It’s unlikely that they will ever produce games that are purely disc-based, as this would go against the very nature of what the Switch is. Therefore, when you purchase a disc-based game, you’re actually receiving a code that can unlock the game in your virtual library and even save progress, if applicable.
5. The Games That Are Currently Out Are Incredibly Good!
One of the best things about the Nintendo Switch is that it’s such a new console on the market – this means that there are very few old games available for it. Instead, we’re currently seeing a great deal of brand-new titles making their way to the Switch, with many more appearing on the horizon, presumably as more and more developers become aware of the console’s existence and are able to get their hands on the tools and resources necessary to develop for it. Interestingly, one of the first and most notable trends we’ve noticed among the games currently being produced for the Switch is that most of them are incredibly good!
How Much Storage Does The Switch Have?
- The Nintendo Switch comes with 32GB of internal storage. You can buy a microSD card to expand your storage capacity, though, if you want more room for games.
- The Nintendo Switch will cost you $299.99 when it releases on March 3rd. It’s the same price as the Wii U and the Xbox One S, if not slightly cheaper than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. This is because it doesn’t require a game disc to play games on the go, which is why it doesn’t come with one when you purchase it.
- The Nintendo Switch has 32GB of internal storage, so you’ll need a microSD card if you want to store any games or other data on it. The good news is that even the cheapest MicroSD cards these days are enough to hold most games, so you’re not going to have to spend a ton of money on a large-capacity card. If you plan to buy digital games instead of physical ones, you’ll probably want to invest in a high-capacity microSD card. This will allow you to store many more games than you could if you only had 32GB of internal storage.
Which Games Come With The Nintendo Switch?
- Nintendo’s latest console, the Nintendo Switch, is unlike any other game system available right now. It’s not just a home console that you can take on the go; it’s also a portable device that lets you play games at home or anywhere else you can take it. Instead of leaving gamers with nothing to do once they unbox their new hybrid device, Nintendo packed it with mini versions of some of its most beloved games from previous consoles.
- There are 20 of them in all, and while some might consider that to be an overabundance of “mini” games, these titles are perfect for playing on the go. If you’re planning to purchase a Nintendo Switch but still aren’t sure if you want one yet, this article will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision. We cover why your Nintendo Switch doesn’t come with games, what kind of storage space it has, and much more!
- The Nintendo Switch comes with neither a game cartridge nor a game disc. This means that you can’t pop in one of your new console’s games and start playing immediately. Instead, you’ll have to wait for the game to download onto your device, just as you would for any other digital title. You’ll also have to buy a microSD card (more on that below) in order to expand your storage capacity since the Switch only comes with 32GB of internal storage.
- Toys R Us sells the 32GB version of the Nintendo Switch for $279.99, which is a pretty good deal considering how much other retailers charge for their versions. The 64GB version is $329.99, while the 128GB version costs $419.99. However, we strongly recommend against buying any variant that doesn’t come with at least 32GB of storage space; if you don’t have enough room to store all your games and videos, you’ll be forced to delete some of them in order to make room for more. It’s a good idea to check the product description on the Nintendo website before making your purchase, though, since some retailers offer attractive discount deals if you buy a game or two in addition to your system.
- A microSD card is an accessory that you can use with the Nintendo Switch. It’s not necessary, but it will expand your storage capacity and allow you to play games and save data from up to 2TB of media files without interrupting gameplay or having to delete any files. The only catch is that microSD cards are sold separately from the Nintendo Switch—you can’t get one included with your new console.
The Nintendo Switch is one of the most exciting consoles to come out in a long time. It has the potential to change how we think about home gaming and transform how we interact with the gaming universe as a whole. It is expected to be a very popular console, so people who want to get their hands on one would be smart to preorder soon.