The iPhone is a great device, but its storage is not infinite. Even if you get the smallest available model, it’s likely that you won’t be able to store all your photos, music, and apps on the phone without deleting something else or removing some of your media files. If you want to keep using your iPhone for as long as possible, you need to back up its data regularly so that in case anything happens you don’t lose anything important. Here are some ways in which you can back up your iPhone to an external Hard Drive and avoid losing anything important.
How To Backup iPhone To External Hard Drive
Backup iPhone to iTunes or iCloud
If you use the latest version of iTunes or iCloud, you can back up your iPhone to your PC/Mac and restore it on any other computer. You can also use Apple’s Photo Sync feature to back up your photos from your iPhone to a computer.
Backup iPhone with iTunes or iCloud to External Hard Drive
If you have a lot of data on your iPhone that you don’t want to lose, you can back it up with iTunes or iCloud, then transfer it to an external hard drive and back it up again with the same software. This way, all of your data will be backed up twice. You can also use iBackupBot for this purpose.
Backup iPhone with iBackupBot
iBackupBot is a free program that works like iTunes or iCloud, but it can also back up your iPhone to an external hard drive. You can use iBackupBot to back up your iPhone to the external hard drive and then restore it on any new computer. It’s an easy way to back up Apple devices (including Macs, iPads, and iPods) to an external hard drive.
Backup iPhone with FolderSync for Windows
FolderSync for Windows is a simple program that lets you back up all your data from your PC onto an external hard drive, without having to use any third-party apps or software. You can use the program’s built-in scheduler to automatically run backups at a specific time so that you don’t have to do anything manually. However, if you don’t want the software running in the background all the time, you can set up a schedule are to worry about running out of storage space.
Backup iPhone with iBackupBot for Mac
iBackupBot for Mac is the same as iBackupBot for Windows, except that it works only on Macs. This program lets you back up your iPhone to the external hard drive and then restore it on another computer. You can also use this program to sync your iPhone with iCloud or iTunes, and transfer data from one device to another using iTunes.
Backup iPhone with Dropbox
Dropbox is a cloud-based file hosting service that lets you create folders on your computer and share files with others by way of an easy-to-use interface. You can also set up automatic backups so that all the files in any folder you make will be backed up every time a change is made in the folder. If you use Dropbox, you can back up your iPhone data easily through this service as well as other cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, and don’t have to remember to do it. You can also use FolderSync for Windows to transfer data from an external hard drive to your iPhone.
Back-Up iPhone To Computer
- Connect your computer to the same network as your iPhone.
- Open iTunes on your computer and click on the iPhone icon in the left sidebar. You will see a list of all your devices connected to it, including the one you are currently working with.
- Select Back Up Now from the menu on the top right corner of the window and follow the instructions on the screen accordingly.
- The process of backing up the iPhone takes a few minutes to complete. You will see a progress bar with the percentage of the whole process displayed on it. “Done” is displayed when your iPhone is completely backed up.
Use iTunes To Backup iPhone To External Hard Drive
- Connect your iPhone to your computer. You can do this by plugging the iPhone USB cable into an available USB port.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. If it’s not already running, click on the iTunes icon on your desktop to open it.
- Click on the Devices tab on the left-hand side of the window and select a device from the list if you have more than one connected to your computer. If not, click on the option “Sync” in iTunes and wait for it to finish syncing all of your devices with each other.
- Click on “Back Up Now” from the bottom bar in iTunes, which will open a new window where you can select how you want to back up data from your iPhone – either through iCloud or manually and choose where you want to save it – either in iCloud or an external hard drive that has enough space for storing music, videos and photos files of iPhone backup files.
- Once you’ve selected the location where you want to save your iPhone backup files, click on “Back Up Now” again. This will start backing up your iPhone to the selected location.
Dropbox And Google Drive As Backup Options For iOS Devices
Backup iPhone to Dropbox
Dropbox is a great option for backing up your iPhone because it’s easy to access from anywhere using your PC or laptop and syncs everything with all your devices automatically so that you can easily access the backed-up files from anywhere. You don’t need to install any software on your computer or mobile device because it uses the Dropbox app which allows you to view the files in the cloud directly on your device.
Backup iPhone to Google Drive
Google Drive is one of the best options for backing up your iPhone as it enables you to back up all your photos, videos, contacts, and more. It also allows you to easily access files from any device. You can even access them from other Google services like Gmail or Docs. However, it’s important to know that if you delete a file from your Google Drive on another device, it will be deleted from all your devices too so make sure that you don’t accidentally delete something important. To learn more about how to use Google Drive on iPhone.
The iPhone may be the best device ever created, but it is not immune to the threat of data loss. In order to protect yourself from losing any important data, you can use one of the methods above to back up your iPhone to an external hard drive. These methods will allow you to store your data on a computer, iCloud, or a cloud storage device where it can be easily retrieved at any time. If you want to keep your data safe for years to come, you should back up your iPhone to an external hard drive.