When you’re shopping at your local Walmart, you might see a pickup option on certain items. That way, you can order the item and pick it up in-store without waiting for it to be delivered to your home. Whether you’re picking up an item that you ordered online or something purchased in-store, this article has you covered. You can learn how to cancel a Walmart pickup order and more here. Walmart is a big-box retailer with over 11,000 stores worldwide as of January 2019. The company also has an e-commerce website where shoppers can browse and buy thousands of products online and have them shipped to their homes. And when you shop from their website, there are some options that let you order something, pick it up at the store, and skip the delivery process altogether. If that sounds like something you could use, keep reading for details about how to cancel a Walmart pickup order.
How To Cancel A Walmart Pickup Order
- Go to Walmart.com or the Walmart mobile app and select the item you want to cancel your pickup order for. Click on the “Add to Cart” button next to the item, which will then open a separate page with more options.
- Click on the “Cancel” button at the bottom of that page, which is located after you click on “Add to Cart” and before you click on “Checkout.” From there, you will be taken back to Walmart.com’s home screen with a message that says something like, “You have been logged out of <name of product> orders because you canceled an existing order for this product already. Were you trying to add an item that has already been added? Try removing it and adding it again; then add it again without checking out.” This message means that if you want to cancel your order now, your only option is obviously to remove it completely so that no one else can purchase this second copy of this product or anything along those lines.
- If that’s what you intended or knew would happen, simply click on “Cancel” below this message and your pickup order will be canceled upon completion of checkout as expected and in accordance with Walmart’s cancellation policy (more about their policy here).
- When selecting an item for a pickup online at Walmart, there are additional fields where you can specify when and where you want them delivered instead of having them shipped or picked up at a physical store. These fields are conveniently located directly below the “Add to Cart” button at the top of the page and are titled “Store Pickup,” “Store Drop Off,” and “Available for Pickup.” If you want to cancel an order that you have already submitted, you can either tap on one of these options and then tap “Cancel” on the confirmation screen (note: an error message will pop up that says “Your order cannot be canceled now” even if it has not yet begun checkout) or just tap on one of these options, scroll down to where it says “Pickup Instructions” and tap “Cancel” there instead.
- That will take you to a window titled something like “Walmart Returns Location Description,” where you will find a link to a web page with further instructions for returning your item and some other options. Read those carefully though because if your pickup order has been canceled, there is no guarantee that your return will be handled as expected or anything along those lines.
- At this point, if you have read everything carefully through all of this and understand your prerogatives as well as Walmart’s policies regarding returns specifically for pickups (more about this here), then congratulations! You’ve canceled your pickup order without having to worry about tracking down or grabbing an item off the shelves yourself or needing professional help from anyone else.
- If your pickup order relies on a third-party such as Walmart Marketplace, then you will need to contact them directly for any further instructions regarding cancellation or return either via phone, email, or whatever manner you prefer.
- If you do not cancel your pickup order directly through the Walmart website intended for this purpose and choose instead to cancel it via a different tab and/or different website altogether, then unless it’s available for pickup in your local store location on that particular day–on the day that your order was placed–you will most likely not be able to cancel it at all (perhaps in accordance with their cancellation policy) because they sometimes run out of stock at checkout when someone has already purchased a certain item online and it is not available for pickup at the time of your request or in the nearest store location.
What Is A Walmart Pickup Order?
A Walmart pickup order is when you purchase an item online and then go and pick it up at your local store. That way, you avoid the hassle of having the product shipped to your home. You can do this with any item sold on Walmart’s website, as long as it offers the pickup option. You can also purchase all sorts of products, including groceries and beauty, health, and household items. There are several reasons why you might want to use a pickup order instead of a regular online purchase. First, you might have a gift idea in mind but not know the person’s size. With a pickup order, you can just go to the local store, pick up the item, and be done with it.
How To Place A Walmart Pickup Order
- Search for the item you want to buy, click on it and then click the “Buy Now” button, as shown below:
- Click the “Check Out With Pickup” link next to the item(s) you wish to purchase.
- In the “Pickup Method” drop-down box, choose “Pick Up At Store” and select your store location.
- Make sure that your shipping address is correct before continuing. If it is not correct at this point, you will be asked to update your delivery address or credit card information when you proceed with checkout. Click checkout now to continue without any changes or updates needed whatsoever when you arrive at this stage of the process (at least in my experience). The check-out screen you expect will appear before long–it might take a couple of minutes after clicking “checkout now” because of Walmart’s estimated delivery time algorithm, which depends on time zones and local circumstances as much as it does on a product’s weight and how far away its store location is from yours (and other factors). Ask for help if this happens several times over several days because it can be a little frustrating otherwise–especially if you’re traveling or buying an expensive item such as a large television set; there is no guarantee that an item can be delivered within a certain timeframe given by Walmart itself (“prices may vary”). If a pickup order cannot be fulfilled via pickup but can be fulfilled through an alternative method (such as by having it shipped to your home, as mentioned above), then a separate notation will be made in the comment section. Everyone tries to accommodate buyers as much as possible, though it’s true that there is a limit to what can be done, which is why you might have to return an item or pay more than you expected. For example, if you have a lot of products in your pickup order online, but only one product can be delivered via pickup, Walmart will cancel the entire order and refund any money owed. That said, I’ve had several pickups go smoothly with zero such problems–although a couple of people had trouble and no one on the forum helped them to resolve their issues because it was obvious that they were not ready yet for that step.
- Click “Confirm” or “Continue Order” when you are ready to proceed with checkout.
- Select your payment method (credit card or PayPal). You may also give customers more information about where they should deliver the product and/or how they should go about making that delivery if it’s not just “pick up at the store.” Give them enough information so they understand what they’re getting themselves into so they can make an informed decision in picking up the product themselves rather than getting assistance from Walmart’s staff members or having someone drop off the item for them–that is why I wouldn’t recommend asking people too many questions from behind a computer screen! It’s reasonable to assume that people who are coming to pick up a TV or large item can figure out how to get it into the back of their vehicles–since they’re not very big items and they’re relatively lightweight and easy to move, just as long as you give the right information. 7. Provide the “pick up” or delivery address and include any other contact information that you believe is appropriate, such as a phone number or email address.
- You may also decide to send customers a confirmation email that includes an order number that they can use when checking in at the store (or have them check in with their Walmart mobile app if they have one).
When you shop at Walmart, you may see an option to pick up an item in-store rather than have it shipped to your home. A pickup order is often cheaper than shipping and can be useful if you’re just trying to grab something quick. If you’re interested in using this option, you can place an order online, then head to the store and grab the item. You can also cancel a pickup order if you change your mind after placing it.