If you’re new to selling on apps like Mercari or Poshmark, you might be wondering how the heck you can cancel an offer (or a sale). It’s easy to make a mistake when using these apps. But fortunately, there are ways to fix your mistakes and get back on track. If you’re selling on one of these apps, it means that you are selling secondhand items. As such, once you make an offer on an item, there’s no going back. You can only take it off if the seller accepts your offer. However, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t any other offers available. If you want to keep the same user, but set up a different kind of agreement for another piece of their inventory, read on for tips about how to cancel an offer and create a new one in its place.
How To Cancel An Offer On Mercari
- First, tap the offer that you want to cancel.
- Tap “Cancel Offer” on the top right of the screen.
- You’ll need to sign in to your Mercari account if you haven’t already done so. If you have an existing Mercari account, there are two ways that you can do this: a) Log in with your username and password or b) Log in through Facebook Connect or Google+ Connect if you use those social media apps. Be sure to tap “Yes, I agree” when prompted on either of these screens (the first one is just for confirming your email and password).
- Once logged in, tap “Cancel Offer” again on the top right of the screen and then follow the prompts to cancel this offer.
How To Cancel An Offer On Poshmark
- Tap the offer that you want to cancel then tap “Cancel Offer” at the bottom of your screen.
- Log into your Poshmark account if necessary (tap “Log In with Facebook” or “Log In with Google +”). If you already have an account, be sure to log into it before proceeding because it will help verify that this is indeed a mistake by Poshmark and not something intentional by yourself (as happens sometimes with Mercari). Also be sure to tap “I understand what I am doing here is wrong” when prompted.
- Tap “Cancel Offer” again on the bottom of your screen.
- You can now create a new offer for the same user and specify different items, quantities, and pricing considerations.
How To Cancel An Offer On Ebay
- First, tap the offer that you want to cancel then tap “Cancel Offer” at the bottom of your screen.
- Log into your eBay account if necessary (tap “Log In with Facebook” or “Log In with Google +”). If you already have an account, be sure to log into it before proceeding because it will help verify that this is indeed a mistake by eBay and not something intentional by yourself (as happens sometimes with Mercari). Also be sure to tap “I understand what I am doing here is wrong” when prompted
- Tap “Cancel Offer” again on the bottom of your screen and then follow the prompts to cancel this offer or create a new one for another piece of inventory from this user (be sure to follow up by replying directly to their email so that they know about your cancellation).
What Reasons Would You Give For Canceling An Offer On Mercari?
I changed my mind about the item
The main reason will be because it’s not the right size or color. Or maybe I want to get a different item, which would mean I have to pay for shipping.
The seller is being difficult about shipping and/or payment
Usually, this is a seller who won’t ship or won’t accept PayPal, and will be difficult when you reach out to confirm the offer.
I don’t want the item
I usually use this reason when I’m trying to get something for free, or if I’m trying to get something from a user who has already given me a lot of bad feedback in the past, and it’s unlikely that they’ll give me a refund.
The item is damaged or defective in some way
This will be the most common reason for canceling an offer on Mercari. It might be worth noting that Mercari has a very strict policy about accepting damaged items, so you can’t always expect them to take them back if they are damaged (as opposed to just worn).
The item was not as described/other reasons
This will also be the most common reason for canceling an offer on Mercari. It might be worth noting that Mercari has a very strict policy about accepting items that are not as described (eBay uses this same policy). So when you’re using this reason, you’ll have to be very specific and make sure the description matches exactly what was shipped and exactly what you ordered. You can use these exact words: “The item is not as described” or “The color is different than described”. You can also add “Also, I ordered an XL and got an XXL” or “Also, I wanted a scarf but got nothing”.
How Do You Think The Seller Felt When They Received Notice That Your Offer Was Canceled?
- They were happy because they got their money back.
- They were sad because they had to pay for shipping to send the item back.
- They were angry because I didn’t take the item or didn’t pay for it when I asked for confirmation that I wanted it.
- They were confused about why I decided not to buy their item from them anymore, when they thought I was interested in buying it from them originally.
- They were confused as to why I didn’t take the item they sent me, when they had already shipped it.
- They were angry at the fact that I canceled their offer, when they thought it was a good offer and at the same time, wanted me to take the item from them.
- They felt bad that I decided not to buy their item from them anymore but at the same time, couldn’t understand why I decided not to buy it from them in the first place.
- They felt good about getting their money back for a broken or defective item that wasn’t as described or as promised by them.
- They felt happy about getting their money back for an item that was as described/promised by them but which I never took from them and therefore never paid for shipping on it (because it’s not something I wanted).
What Happens If I Cancel My Offer On Mercari?
- You will get the full amount you paid for the item.
- You will not be able to buy it from this seller again on Mercari (if they have posted more than one item on Mercari)
- They may also choose to block you from ever buying from them again on Mercari.
- They may also choose to report you to eBay (if they are an eBay user).
- They may also choose to report you to a credit bureau, for having an account in bad standing with them or with eBay/Mercari and not paying your bills, or not paying your debts when due (eBay also has a policy about this).
- They may also choose to report you as a “bad buyer” on Mercari, which means that other sellers won’t accept your offers anymore, and that other buyers won’t want to buy from you anymore either because of what happened with this seller and their feedback rating in the past.
Selling secondhand items can be a great way to make money. But in order to sell, you need to make offers on items from other sellers. This means that it’s important to know how to cancel an offer. If you’re new to selling, you might accidentally make an offer you don’t want to make. Fortunately, it’s easy to cancel an offer. Simply follow the steps above to find a way to cancel your offer.
Can I cancel a listing on Mercari?
Yes, you can always cancel an offer if you change your mind.
Can I cancel a listing on eBay?
Yes, you can always cancel an offer if you change your mind.
Is it possible to get my money back for my purchase?
If the item is not as described or as promised by the seller, then yes, you may be able to get your money back.
How do I know what is considered “as described” or “as promised”?
It’s up to the seller to decide what they consider as described or promised (eBay will not provide this information).
How do I know that the item was never shipped?
If the item was never shipped and has been marked as “sold”, then it will be assumed that it was never shipped and therefore that it has not been paid for by the buyer/seller (and therefore should not be eligible for cancellation).