If you’ve signed up to become a DoorDash driver, expect to hear from them soon. But if you drive for other food delivery companies in the same area, you might think twice about joining their team. Do you have time to take on another gig? Is it worth the stress of juggling different jobs? If you’re not sold on signing with DoorDash yet, there are ways to keep them from finding out your address and stopping by again anytime soon. Many factors go into determining where you can do the best job as a driver for the company. Depending on your circumstances and preferences, there may be locations where driving for DoorDash makes more sense than others. Here are some pros and cons that will help you decide whether partnering with them is a good idea or not.
How To Change Doordash Location
- You’ll have to pay a fee to be a DoorDash driver.
- It would help if you had a smartphone or laptop to work with them.
- You must pay for your car’s gas, wear, tear, and food you buy for your passengers.
- You’re not going to get paid as much as you would for other gigs, but you will get paid by the hour and drive on your schedule.
- You can only work in a specific area, so if that’s where you live, it could be not easy to drive for them when they’re looking for drivers in other areas.
- They won’t tell you where they are looking for drivers until after they’ve found someone else willing to work with them there, so if that’s where you live, it could be not easy to drive for them when they’re looking for drivers in other areas too.
- Sometimes there are more applicants than available jobs, so if you don’t get hired right away, there may not be another opportunity coming up soon, either because of the demand or because of the number of applicants who were turned away from the first time around when there wasn’t enough work available at that location.
- They are only looking for drivers during the hours of 6 am – 10 pm, so if you have a family that needs you during those hours, this could be a problem because you won’t be able to drive for them then.
- You’ll have to pay for gas and wear and tear on your car every time you drive with them, so if you don’t drive with them often, it could become expensive in the long run.
- Food is not covered by any meal plan or compensation program, so if that’s an integral part of your income, this could be an issue too.
Best Strategies To Change Your DoorDash Location
1. Change Your Address Until You Are Sure You Want To Stay
If DoorDash comes to your house and you aren’t there, they might mark your address as “unavailable.” The company’s red flag is that you don’t want them to know your address. If you don’t want to lose out on the opportunity to make money through DoorDash, you’ll need to let them know you’re available to work. The only way you can do that without revealing your address is by calling their customer service team and asking them to mark you as “available” without telling them your address. If you plan on driving for DoorDash, you’ll need to sign up with the company that lets you change your address without telling them where you’re located.
2. Stop By When You’re Not Home Or Eating Dinner
Drivers who work for food delivery companies like DoorDash can let them know when and how long they’re available to work. If you let them know when you’re home and eating dinner, you’ll get a lot more orders. You’ll be able to pick and choose the hours you work, and you’ll be able to spend more time with your family. The downside is that they’ll leave them outside if you’re not home when they come to pick up your orders. If it’s chilly outside, your food could get cold before you get back. And if you’re not available for a full day at a time, you could miss out on lots of orders. You can avoid this by letting DoorDash know when you’re only available for a shorter time.
3. Have A Friend Handle Your Food Delivery Orders
If you’re worried about missing an order, you could have a friend take it from you when it arrives. Before the food delivery driver arrives, you could call your friend and tell them what order has been made for you and where it’s going. Then all your friend has to do is meet the driver and take the food from them. This will let you avoid missing orders when you’re not home or busy doing something else, and you won’t have to worry about your friend giving you less than stellar service.
4. Block DoorDash Through Caller ID
If you want to avoid working with a company and have a friend who works for them, you could have them block your number when they call in an order. You can block numbers through your caller ID if you have an iPhone. If you have an Android, you can set up a private profile that will allow you to block numbers and texts without having to delete them from your phone.
- If you live in a busy area with lots of people looking for food delivery services, you could make more money with DoorDash than with other companies.
- You might be able to make even more money by driving for multiple companies at once. Even if you make more money with DoorDash, you’ll be able to adjust your hours and work fewer hours than you would if you were working full-time for one company.
- You’ll also be able to choose which orders to accept and which to decline.
- If you live in an area with a low population density and a limited number of available restaurants, you may not make enough money with DoorDash to make it worthwhile.
- You might be able to make more money with another company, but it may not be worth it to work that much harder.
- If you’re not good at keeping track of your hours and how much money you made, working for multiple companies could be more stressful than just working for one.
If you want to make more money working for DoorDash, you’ll need to be prepared for the possibility that your income could be low if there aren’t a lot of orders. You’ll also have to be prepared to work long hours and not have a lot of days off. If you’re good at keeping track of your earnings, working for multiple companies may be worth it.
Q: What are the pros and cons of working for DoorDash?
A: The pros are that you’ll be making more money than you would with other companies.
The cons are that you may not earn enough money to make it worth your while.
Q: Is DoorDash an excellent way to make money?
A: Yes, if you have the time to work long hours and are willing to accept low-paying orders.