When you check your mobile number, it’ll show you the company that owns the SIM card along with the operator and its network. In this article, we will tell you more about how to check SIM card companies by mobile number. You might have various reasons why you need to know the SIM card company. For example, if you are interested in applying for new jobs in a specific industry or want to get an interview with a specific organization, or even need to ask friends if they know anyone who can help you land such a job. There are many scenarios when knowing the company that owns your SIM card can be helpful and this article aims at explaining how to check the SIM card company by mobile number.
How To Check A Sim Card Company By Mobile Number?
- First of all, you need to know the mobile number of your SIM card.
- You can easily check the company name and operator by looking for it on your mobile phone bill. For example, if you have a Telenor SIM card, then you will find the name “Telenor” on the bill, which means that it is Telenor that owns your SIM card.
- Some companies assign different numbers to their customers and they are not always in alphabetical order. So in this case, you can use directory assistance online or directly call them up to find out their mobile number.
- After knowing their mobile number, you can call them up using a landline or using any other calling service provided by them (preferably using a calling service provided by Telenor). You can also send SMS to them or use any other social media applications like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger if they provide such features for their customers (such as Facebook Messenger). Another option is to send an email to them so that they will get it immediately and reply back to you through an email address provided on their website (preferably through an email address provided on the website of Telenor). Also, ask for a confirmation code from them so that you will be able to access their website/application form where they will provide all relevant information about your mobile number along with other information like its expiry date, etc., etc.
- Nowadays there are many websites where you can get your mobile number details. However, it is important that you use a site that is reliable and secure. In this article, we will be using https://www.telenor.com/ as an example because it is Telenor’s website where you can get all the information about your SIM card and also check the company name and operator name of your mobile phone company.
- You will find various options to get information about your SIM card on their website like Mobile Number, Expired Mobile Number, Contact Us, Change My Number, etc.
- If you click on the option “Change My Mobile Number” under the “Mobile Numbers” section on their website then you will find a form where you have to enter your SIM card details along with other relevant information such as the Name of the Company that owns it (Telenor), Current Mobile Number, New Mobile Number, etc. You can also fill in a request for a new mobile number or change the existing one if required.
- Now if you click on the button “Submit” then they will send you an SMS with all relevant information about your mobile number along with some instructions for changing your phone number in case of any update from Telenor as well as some instructions for adding more numbers (if required).
- If there are any updates from Telenor regarding changes in ownership or anything else related to your telco account then they will send you an email with relevant information along with instructions for changing your mobile number. If you don’t find any updates, then it is safe to say that the information provided by the telco is correct.
- Now if you click on the option “Contact Us” under the “Customer Service” section then you will find a form where you can send a message and they will reply back to you through an email address provided on their website (preferably through an email address provided on the website of Telenor).
Why Is It Easy To Know The Company From Your Mobile Number?
- A mobile number is a unique number that is assigned to your mobile phone.
- A unique number means that the same number cannot be assigned to another mobile phone in the world.
- The number will have some prefix numbers like “+”, “1”, “2” etc. and it will also have some suffixes like “55”, “61”, “62” etc., which are called Mobile Area Code or just Area Code in India as well as other countries.
- The prefix and suffix numbers are used by telcos only to identify your mobile phone company and they do not mean anything to anyone outside of the country where the telco operates or where you live in case you want to change your mobile phone operator or get a new one.
- You can find out all these details about your mobile number from any website that provides information about SIM cards Telenor does not provide this information at all by default on their website but it can be found if you click on the option “Change My Mobile Number” under “Mobile Numbers” section on their website under “Contact Us”.
Why Do You Need To Know The Company From Your Mobile Number?
- You can call the customer service of your telco by dialing their telephone number and asking them to send you a new SIM card.
- You can get help from the sales executive in case you have any issues with your mobile phone.
- You can check your balance by calling on the number provided on the back of your SIM card and if there is any problem with it then you can call on that number and ask for help from their customer care department.
- You can also call on this number to change or add more numbers to your SIM card as well as to upgrade or downgrade your plan according to the requirement of your budget but in this case, you will have to speak with a customer care executive from Telenor only.
- You can also check all these details about your mobile number from any website that provides information about SIM cards Telenor does not provide this information at all by default on their website.
You can easily find out the company that owns your SIM card by following the steps mentioned above. You can use this information in many ways, such as when you are applying for new jobs in a specific industry, getting an interview with a specific organization, or simply if you are asking friends if they know anyone who can help you land such a job.