When you have a house with parents who are home a lot and like to watch TV, it’s nice to have another set somewhere else. Of course, that means running some wires through the walls, which isn’t ideal. Fortunately, there are other ways to see the same content on two different TVs. Connecting two TVs together so they display the same picture is easy and can be done in different ways. In this article, we provide you with different methods on how to connect two televisions together so they display the same picture.
How To Connect Two Tvs Together To Display The Same Picture?
Hook up your TVs with an HDMI cable.
HDMI cables have been around for over a decade, and they are a common way to connect devices among many people. That’s because they’re cheap, readily available, and easy to use. You can find HDMI cables in virtually any electronics store, including big-box retailers like Wal-Mart or Best Buy. HDMI cables come in different lengths, with longer cables costing more. HDMI cables can transmit both audio and video, making them a convenient solution for connecting two TVs. To use an HDMI cable, both TVs need to have HDMI ports. If they don’t, you need to use an HDMI-to-something converter. If both TVs are close enough to each other, you can run the HDMI cable between them to create a connection. If the TVs are farther apart, you can use an HDMI cable extender to extend the length of the cable.
Use a digital audio cable
Another way to connect two TVs together is by using an RCA cable. This type of cable is commonly used on home stereos and was a standard way of connecting things like VCRs, recorders, and camcorders to TVs in the past. Today, RCA cables are mainly used for one-way audio connections. That means you can use them to connect two TVs together over audio, but not over video. An RCA cable can transmit either an analog audio signal or a digital audio signal, depending on which end you plug into each device. The other end of the cable should be the same type of signal. For example, if you plug an RCA cable into an audio port on one TV and the other end goes into an audio port on another TV, the signal will be analog. If you plug the RCA cable into a digital audio port on one TV and the other end goes into a digital audio port on another TV, the signal will be digital.
Use a Wireless HDMI Bridge.
Wireless HDMI bridges are an effective way to connect two TVs together if they are farther apart than you can reach with an HDMI cable. Wireless HDMI bridges come with an HDMI cable and a power cable. You plug the bridge into one TV, plug the HDMI cable into the other end of the bridge, and plug the power cable into a nearby wall outlet. Make sure both TVs are turned on. On the TV that the bridge is plugged into, you need to go into the settings menu, select “Ethernet,” and click “Yes” when it asks you if you want to connect to an Ethernet network. Once the bridge and TV are connected, the other TV will automatically detect and be able to use the bridge. You’ll need to set up the bridge on a computer beforehand, either with a web browser or with an Android or iOS app.
Use Chromecast or another streaming device.
If you have a Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, or another streaming device, you can connect it to one TV, then cast the same content to another TV. This solution works best when you want to display the same content on both TVs, but don’t care which program is on each. For example, you could cast a football game on one TV and a basketball game on the other. Keep in mind that some streaming devices have a “sleep” or “standby” mode that pauses the transmission, so you might need to manually refresh the content on the other TV.
Connect your TVs with a computer monitor.
If you have an old computer monitor lying around that you don’t use, you can connect it to two different TVs in the same room and display the same picture on both. To do this, plug the monitor into one TV, and then use a VGA cable to plug each monitor into a different port on the other TV. The VGA cable can transmit both audio and video, so the same program will be displayed on both TVs. Keep in mind that the monitor has to be connected to one TV at a time. If you plug it into the second TV, it will display the same content on both, so you’ll need to unplug it from one before plugging it into the other.
Hook up your TVs using VGA cables.
VGA cables are another common way to connect two devices over a single cable. They’re usually used for connecting computers to monitors, but you can use them to connect two TVs together, provided they both have VGA ports. Like the RCA cable, a VGA cable can transmit either an analog or digital signal, depending on which end of the cable you plug into each device. To use a VGA cable, both TVs need to be turned on, plugged into a wall outlet, and connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, open the “Settings” menu on one TV, select “Display settings,” and choose “Second screen.” Select “Yes” when it asks if you want to use the second screen. Repeat these steps on the other TV.
Why You Would Connect Two Televisions Together?
- In general, you would only connect two televisions together if you had two separate rooms where you had televisions.
- The most likely instance in which you would do this is if you had a bedroom and a living room and each one had its own television.
- There are several potential benefits to this. For example, you could display completely different content on each television.
- You could, for example, display a sporting event on one television while the other could show a documentary or educational program.
- You could also display the same content on both televisions. This could be useful, for example, if you wanted to host a social gathering with a large number of people.
- You could display the same content on both televisions so that everyone could see what’s on the screen.
The Pros Of Connecting Two Televisions Together
- By connecting two televisions together, you can create a multi-room viewing experience with different content being shown on each television.
- This allows you to create a larger viewing area in your house and provides guests with more viewing options.
- It is also useful if you have a large home, perhaps with a garage or basement, where you have placed a television.
- Connecting two televisions together also makes it easier to share content between rooms. For example, if you’re watching a sporting event on one television and your friends in another room want to see the same game, you can easily share the content between televisions.
- Finally, by connecting two televisions together, you can use both televisions as a single large display. This may be helpful, for example, if you want to create a slideshow that everyone can see.
The Cons Of Connecting Two Televisions Together
- While connecting two televisions together may seem like a useful feature, it does have some major drawbacks.
- First, it’s important to understand that connecting two televisions together requires that both televisions are on the same network.
- This means that both televisions are connected to your home internet router with an Ethernet cable. If both televisions are on the same network, they will both be able to receive the same signal.
- However, the televisions will also be able to send their own signal to each other.
- This can be problematic if you’re trying to show two completely different programs on the two televisions. For example, if you’re trying to show two sporting events, one television will show one game while the other shows a completely different game.
It’s always nice to have another set of TVs in the house. It’s even better if you can get both sets to display the same thing. This can be done a few different ways with different levels of difficulty and expense. These are the best ways to connect two TVs together so they display the same picture. Some are simple and cheap while others can get quite expensive. However, all of them are worth it if you want to enjoy your home theater experience even when your parents aren’t there.