When you hear someone talking about the audio system of their car, one of the first things that come to mind is how good the bass sounds. High-quality bass has the ability to create a unique atmosphere in any type of car. However, this won’t happen unless you install a subwoofer and a suitable subwoofer box. This article will give you all the necessary information on how to mount a subwoofer box in your trunk or any other part of your car where it can have optimal resonance. The main purpose of mounting a subwoofer box is to strike it with more force so that it produces better sound. Here are some tips to help you mount the subwoofer box in your trunk.
How To Mount A Subwoofer Box In The Trunk
- First, you need to take out the rear speakers in your car and set them aside. Then, remove the carpeting in your trunk to make space for the subwoofer box.
- You should measure the dimensions of the box and mark them on a piece of wood or cardboard. This will help you know exactly how much space you have in your trunk for mounting it.
- Once you are done with marking, cut out a hole that is about half an inch smaller than the dimensions of your subwoofer box. This way, you can use foam or rubber gaskets to seal it and prevent excessive noise from leaking out of your trunk into other areas of your car.
- Now that you have cut out a hole for mounting, make sure that it is strong enough to hold the weight of the subwoofer box so that it doesn’t fall down while driving or any other activity when moving inside your car. This means that if you are going to use screws, make sure that you use the right size.
- Now, you need to find a way to secure your subwoofer box in your trunk so that it doesn’t move while you are driving. A good way of doing this is by using straps or Velcro straps. However, if you want a more professional look and feel, then you can go for a custom-made subwoofer box that is designed with special mounts and spacers for installation.
- The last step is to put the carpeting back in place and mount the rear speakers again. You can now enjoy your favorite music with the bass pumping out of your trunk!
Choose The Right Type Of Box
- Always make sure that you choose the right type of subwoofer box. There are many different types of boxes available in the market. Some are simply designed to work with specific car models, while others can be used in various cars.
- If you have a sedan or a hatchback, then you should go for a sealed or ported box that is designed to house a single subwoofer. If you have an SUV, truck, or van, then you should go for an enclosure that is made to accommodate two to four subwoofers at one time.
- You must also consider the size of the box before choosing it for your car’s audio system. The size of the box depends on its purpose and how many subwoofers it will contain. For example, if you want the bass to sound great even at high volumes, then you must buy a larger box with enough space for more speakers and amplifiers.
- You can also choose a box that is made to serve multiple purposes. For example, you can buy a box that will be used for auto racing or off-road use. These boxes are designed to withstand the vibrations that are caused by rough driving on uneven terrain.
Preparing The Space
- Place your subwoofer box in a dry location. If you keep it in an area where it is exposed to moisture, it might get damaged.
- Make sure that the subwoofer box has enough space to accommodate its size and shape. This is especially important if you are planning to use a heavy-duty subwoofer. Furthermore, make sure that the back wall of the box will not hit any other objects such as the seats or door panels of your car.
- If your trunk does not have good airflow, try to place the subwoofer box at least 3 inches away from the trunk’s edge (where the trunk meets the body). This will help you create more airspace for better sound quality. However, this will also increase its size so make sure that it has enough space to accommodate this change in size too!
- Use a proper locking mechanism to make sure that the box will not shift or move during driving.
- You can also use a piece of tape to bind it to the trunk’s edge. This is especially helpful if your trunk does not have many vents and openings for airflow.
- If you are planning to mount your subwoofer box in your car’s spare tire well, measure the depth and width of the well before you start installing anything there. You may need to remove some brackets or bolts from your car’s spare tire well before mounting a subwoofer box there so that they don’t interfere with its installation during driving.
Installing The Subwoofer Box
- First, you need to measure the trunk of your car and determine where to place the subwoofer box. The best place is in a corner of the trunk so that it can resonate better.
- Use wood and a screw to hold the subwoofer box. You can use screws or even nails to hold it in place.
- You need to fill up all holes with wood or other materials if necessary so that no sound leaks out from the box. You can also use non-transparent tape so that you don’t see any holes in the surface of your car’s trunk.
- After that, you need to secure it with a screw at each corner, which will prevent any movement of the subwoofer box during driving or other activities in your car. The screw should be as strong as possible and should be made of metal since it will be exposed to strong vibrations during driving and other activities in your car. It is not recommended to use wood or plastic for this purpose.
- You can also cover the trunk with some cloth so that it will not reflect any sound waves. Using a piece of cloth is a good idea especially if you have a metallic car and you don’t want to see any scratches on it.
- Other than that, you need to place the subwoofer box in the trunk properly so that it will not block access to the rear seats. If you have a convertible car, then you need to place it on both sides of the trunk because they are connected with hinges at both ends; however, if your car has only one side, then only place it on one side since there is no possibility of blocking access when the back seat is folded down. Place the subwoofer box in such a way that it does not block access to the rear seats as much as possible and does not cover any part of your vehicle interior, including your rearview mirror or other parts of your car.
- Before you attach the box, you should fill the holes in the trunk with wood or other materials so that no noises can escape from there. You can use non-transparent tape to cover them up so that they will not be noticeable even though you have a metallic car.
- After you install the subwoofer box, test it by playing some music through it and make sure that all sounds are clear and audible. If they are not, then you need to look for the reasons behind this problem and fix them until the sound is clear and audible from your car’s subwoofer box. It is also recommended to do a professional installation job for this purpose since if done wrong, then it may cause problems in the sound quality of your vehicle’s subwoofer box or other parts of your vehicle interior such as your rearview mirror or dashboard.
One of the best ways to improve the sound quality of your car’s audio system is by adding a subwoofer. Once you mount a subwoofer box in your trunk, you can enjoy excellent bass. Before you start mounting the subwoofer box, you must decide on the box type. You can also choose the mounting location of the subwoofer box. You must prepare the area to protect the car against the vibration of the subwoofer box. Finally, you can install the subwoofer box and enjoy better sound.