Puff bars are battery-operated flashlights that you can use to find your way in the dark. You simply press on the side of the device to release the light, which is hidden inside a plastic tube called a “puff” — hence the name. They’re compact, easy to store, and don’t require any batteries. However, they do have one major drawback: They require frequent recharging. Once depleted, you need to unscrew the cap at the bottom of the device and insert an included copper rod into it as deep as possible while being careful not to cut yourself on its sharp edges. It may sound complicated, but once you get used to it charging your Puff Bar becomes second nature. Read on for more information about how it works and tips on how you can make recharging easier.
How To Recharge A Puff Bar Plus Battery
- Find the recharge station for your puff bar plus battery. This will be a small metal box with a cap at the top and an opening at the bottom. It should have three holes in it, two of which are transparent and one of which is opaque.
- Take out your puff bar plus battery from its packaging. It should look like this:
- Insert the copper rod inside the hole that is located on top of the recharge station, as shown below:
- Screw back the cap on top of the recharge station, then push down on it until you hear a click, as shown below:
- Open up the bottom opening of the recharge bar and insert your puff bar plus battery into its slot as shown below:
- Pull down on the plug to completely close off all openings on either side of your device, then screw back on top to secure it all in place, as shown below:
- Plug in a USB cable into an available port (USB 1 or 2) and wait for about five minutes for it to fully charge your puff bar plus battery before connecting to any other devices or charging stations (unless you want to charge it faster). You can charge it up to four times using this method before you need to replace its internal copper rod with another one from Puff Bar Plus.
- When your puff bar plus the battery are fully charged, unscrew the cap at the bottom of the device and take out your copper rod.
- Insert your new copper rod inside the hole on top, then screw it back on top to secure it all in place, as shown below:
- Replace your Puff Bar Plus battery in its slot and push down on it until you hear a click, as shown below:
- Put back all of the parts in their original spots, then reattach the plug to its charger and plug into an available USB port or wall outlet for charging.
- When complete, put all of your components back into their original packaging before putting them away for safekeeping.
Ways To Keep Your Puff Bars In Top Condition
Don’t store them in the shower
This may seem like a good idea as a storage place, but it’s incredibly bad for them. They’re going to get wet, which is bad enough, but they’ll also be exposed to chlorine and other chemicals in the water. That’s not going to do your puff bars any good. It’s best to keep them away from anything that might damage them.
Dry puff bars last a lot longer and don’t lose their effectiveness. They’re also easier to keep clean and don’t get as dirty. If you keep them in a bag or somewhere dry, you’re less likely to get them wet and cause them to start growing mold or mildew. The same goes for the puff. Keep it in a separate bag and try to avoid getting it wet. If you do, wash it as soon as possible.
Keep them away from heat
Heat will damage your puff bars and cause them to break down more quickly. If there’s any chance of them being exposed to heat, keep them away from sources of it. This includes things like the sun and radiators. Keeping them away from heat is especially important if you live in a warm climate. It’s part of keeping them dry, but the heat will cause them to dry out even more quickly.
Don’t leave them in water for too long
It’s a good idea to leave them in water for a few minutes before using them. It helps loosen up dirt and make them more effective. However, you don’t want them to be there for too long. The same thing that happens if you leave them out in the sun will happen if you leave them in water for too long. It’ll break them down and reduce their effectiveness. You don’t have to keep them in water for a fixed amount of time, just enough for them to get a bit looser.
Use a little conditioner
Puff bars are great for cleaning the skin, but there’s no reason to let them get all dry after that. You can make them much softer by adding a little conditioner to the water. This will also make them more effective at cleaning the skin. It’s best to use a conditioner suitable for the rest of your hair, not just your scalp.
Don’t use hot water
As with leaving them in water for too long, hot water will break down the puff bars faster. They’re designed to be used with cold or warm water, so don’t use any hotter than that. If you have hard water, the minerals in it will also break down the puff bars quicker. You can either use softer water or add a little bit of baking soda to the water to counteract the effects of the minerals.
Avoid soap and oils
Like with conditioner, you don’t need soap or oils to clean your face. It’s not going to make your puff bars last any longer. In fact, it can actually make them less effective by coating them and stopping the starch from expanding properly. If you want to clean the skin properly, use a face cloth to avoid getting the puff bars dirty. If you need to remove excess oil, use a little bit of water on a cloth.
Finally, when you’re not using your puff bars, store them upright. This keeps the air flowing through them and helps them stay as dry as possible. They’re only going to last as long as you take care of them, so it’s best to give them every chance you can. If there’s one piece of advice you take away from this, it’s to keep your puff bars as dry and clean as possible. They’ll last a lot longer and be much more effective if you do. If you follow these tips, your puff bars should last at least six months, if not longer. They may cost a little bit more than other methods of exfoliating, but they’re well worth it for how effective they are. Puff bars are a great way to cleanse your skin and can be used daily to keep your skin soft and clear.
Puff bars are compact, easy-to-use flashlights that don’t require any batteries. They’re perfect for a bug-out bag, emergency kit, or for keeping around the house for power outages. Puff Bars are great for emergencies, but they do require frequent recharging. If you’ve never recharged a Puff Bar before, don’t worry — it’s a simple process that just takes some time. And remember to always clean the device, including the copper rod, before you recharge it. With these tips, you’ll be able to recharge your Puff Bar in no time.