You’ve been out on a few first dates with someone who seems like they could be a potential partner. However, when you try to reach them, they don’t answer or simply block your number. This can feel pretty insulting but what if this could all be an act of self-preservation? This person may not be ready for another relationship right now, let alone one with you. They might also have their reasons for not responding to you any further, which is why they’ve blocked your number. It might sting now but as long as you learn from the experience, it’ll all be worth it in the end. Here are some tips on how to get back on their good side and have them unblock your number once again.
How To Text A Number That Blocked You
Know The Signs That Someone Doesn’t Want To Date You Anymore
There could be a variety of reasons why a person doesn’t want to date you anymore. They could be ready to move on from what they’ve been doing, or they might just not be ready to date again. They could even be having relationship issues in their life that they need to work out. There are plenty of reasons that a person might not be ready to date you anymore and you should be able to recognize some of the signs. Understanding what signs you’ve been given will allow you to avoid the feeling of rejection and instead use it as an opportunity for growth.
Don’t Give Up!
There are plenty of reasons to give up on someone and it may seem easier to just block their number and move on. However, you should never give up on someone if you really want to get to know them. If you truly want this person in your life, then you absolutely shouldn’t give up. You should keep trying and sending text messages until you get a response. Yes, it’s possible that they could just keep blocking each and every number that you send their way. However, there’s also a chance that they’re thinking about their decision and that one of your messages could be the nudge they need to unblock your number. This person probably isn’t trying to be mean by blocking your number. They just may not be ready to date you yet.
Check Their Calendar
There are many different calendars that you can use to keep track of all the important dates in your life. This could be as simple as a Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar. It could also be something like a work calendar or even a school calendar. Whether or not this person is dating someone already, they may have something on their calendar that makes them uncomfortable with the idea of dating you. If you’re able to look at their calendar and see that they have a medical appointment, work deadlines, or a school event coming up, then it’s possible that they just aren’t ready to date you yet. If you know that this person has something going on in their life that makes them uncomfortable with dating you, then all you can do is wait for them to unblock your number and start messaging you again.
Send A Final Text
If you’ve been blocked by a number but are still interested in getting to know this person, there’s one last thing that you can try. Send them a final text message asking them to unblock your number. You can also ask them why they blocked your number. You could even throw in a joke and say something silly like, “I guess I should have worn a nicer outfit on our first date, huh?” If they don’t respond, it’s likely that they’re not interested in getting to know you anymore. However, it’s possible that they didn’t realize what they were doing, and unblocking your number would be a great way to show this.
Try Reverse Psychology
If you’ve tried everything else on this list and still haven’t been able to get this person to unblock your number, it’s time to try reverse psychology. This isn’t something that you should do if you’re trying to be serious but if you just want to have some fun with the situation, then it’s definitely worth a shot. Try sending this person the exact opposite of what you’re actually feeling. Instead of messaging them and saying that you want to get to know them better, try writing them and saying how it would be best if you two never talked again. If they respond and ask why you want to break up with them, it’s possible that they were just trying to get rid of you and that they didn’t want to hurt your feelings. You may be able to get them to unblock your number when you tell them that you were just messing around with them.
What Are Some Ways To Get Around Someone Blocking Your Number?
- Have a friend call the person using your number and say something really stupid or offensive. When they call you back, they’ll realize that it wasn’t you who called and unblock you.
- Create a new number with a different area code, but use the same area code as the person who blocked your number. They won’t be able to tell the difference.
- Ask someone else to block their number on their phone and then text them from that phone saying something like “I forgot my phone” and then ask for your number back when you give them their phone back.
- If you have an iPhone and you know their number, add them to your contacts and then send them a text from there. That way they won’t know what number it is. If they try to block that number, you can just remove them from your contacts.
- You could try going to their house and asking for your phone back or telling them that you made a mistake and that it’s not such a big deal after all so they won’t be so angry at you anymore.
- If all else fails, get a new phone number altogether (but this will be inconvenient).
- If they blocked you because they thought you were a telemarketer or someone who was being annoyed, try calling them from a different phone number and then apologizing for being so annoying the first time. Then ask them to unblock your number. They’ll probably be embarrassed and do it because they don’t want anyone else to know.
- Try telling them that you found one of their old phones that had their number saved on it and you accidentally blocked yourself from calling them again.
- You could also just send them an email telling them that you are sorry for whatever you did to upset them and that you would like it if they would please unblock your number so that you can talk to them again in the future.
- If all else fails, just wait a while and then try calling or texting again after a few days have gone by since this happened (but don’t do this too much or else they will just block your number permanently).
If you’ve been blocked by a number, it can be tough to know what to do next. However, there are a few things that you can do to get on this person’s good side again. You can check their calendar, send a final text, try reverse psychology, or send them a final e-mail. If you’ve tried all of these methods and they still don’t unblock your number, it may be time to move on. However, this is an excellent opportunity to learn from the experience and recognize what you could do differently next time.