With the advent of digitalization and the growing usage of smartphones, there has been a need to reduce the strain on our eyes while using these devices. Google recognizes this and so they have introduced a feature called Dark Mode on their apps. It turns interfaces black instead of white thereby making it easier to look at for long durations without straining your eyes. This article will talk about how to turn off dark mode on google and other various tips in order to prevent strain on your eyes while using Google apps.
How To Turn Off Dark Mode On Google
- Open the Google app and tap on the Settings icon which is located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- The next page that you will see is “Settings & Help”. Scroll down to Dark Mode and tap on it to enable or disable it.
- Tap on Save at the bottom of the screen and your changes will be saved automatically. You can also tap on Change Theme if you want to change the theme even further by selecting a different theme from a list of themes that are available for you to select from.
- Another way to turn off dark mode is by going to your Settings page and then selecting “Display & Brightness”. From there, you will see a toggle called “Dark Mode” which will allow you to enable or disable Dark Mode which is available on all the Google apps including Gmail, YouTube, and more.
- If you are an Android user who uses the Google Assistant on your phone, then you can also turn off dark mode by opening the Google app and tapping on Settings followed by General followed by Accessibility as shown below:
- There will be a toggle for Dark Mode which allows you to turn it off or on depending on whether or not you want it enabled for your phone. It works in the same manner as described above for turning it off or turning it back on again if that is what you want to be done with your phone’s display settings.
Tips To Prevent Eyestrain While Using Google Apps
Use the Night Mode
This is one of the best features that Google has introduced in its apps. It automatically changes the way you see your screen depending on how dark it is outside. This feature can be activated by swiping up from the bottom of your screen or going to Settings > Display > Night Mode.
Use a Headset to Chat With Friends
While using your phone, it can be really easy for you to forget about the people you are chatting with and end up staring at your phone instead. To avoid this, make sure that you have a headset connected to your phone when chatting with friends and family. This will help you keep track of who is talking to whom and what they are saying as well as prevent eye strain as well as ear strain while using Google apps. If possible, make sure that there are no other noises in the background such as TV or music playing which will distract you from what is being said by others while chatting on Google Chat or Hangouts.
Use the Keyboard Shortcuts
If you have a smartphone with a keyboard, make sure that you use it for most of your typing. By using the keyboard shortcuts of Google apps such as Gmail, Google Docs, and more, you will be able to save time when using these apps and prevent strain on your eyes as well as your hands. By using these keyboard shortcuts, you can easily delete emails or documents without having to go through multiple steps while creating them or by going to the menu options. You can simply go to the menu options and select Delete while it is still in a Draft mode which will help save time and prevent eye strain as well as hand strain while typing on a smartphone with a physical keyboard.
How To Turn Off Dark Mode On Google Photos
- First of all, go to the settings on your phone.
- On the settings page, scroll down to the Dark mode section and tap on it.
- Next, select Always or Never from the drop-down menu. Once done, you will see a confirmation message saying that you have turned off dark mode on Google Photos.
- Tap on Done at the bottom of the screen and you will be taken back to your previous settings page where you can see if there is any change in the dark mode setting for other apps such as Google Drive and Gmail as well.
How To Turn Off Dark Mode On Google Maps
- Go to Google Maps app on your phone and tap on the menu button which is located in the top left corner.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings.
- On the next screen, you will see the Dark Mode option listed under the Light Theme section. Tap on it to turn it off or select to enable it from the drop-down menu as per your preference.
- You can also change the color of maps using this setting too by selecting a different color for map tiles like blue, orange, green, etc from the drop-down list as per your preference and see how this affects the appearance of the map interface itself.
Why Did Google Add A Dark Mode To Its Products?
- The mode is meant to reduce strain on the eyes.
- It also makes the interface more appealing.
- When you’re using dark mode, you can use your phone for longer durations without having to change the brightness of your screen and thereby increasing the battery life of your phone.
- This feature is also useful for those who have low vision and thus want to increase their screen contrast in order to read the text and other items easier.
How Does The Dark Mode Affect Battery Life?
- The Dark Mode does not affect battery life in any way. It only controls the brightness of the screen which is completely safe for your phone to consume.
- The Dark Mode does not affect the performance of your phone as it is a software and not hardware-based feature. This means that turning off dark mode on google will not make your phone slow down or even crash.
- The Dark Mode simply makes the interface darker and so you will be able to see things better while using Google apps without straining your eyes.
- The Dark Mode also allows you to save battery by reducing the strain on your eyes by making everything darker as opposed to white which is normal on our screens today with bright colors and vibrant backgrounds all around us at all times of day or night!
- Since the dark mode is an app-level feature, it will not affect any other apps or other features that are running on your device unless they are also enabled with a dark mode.
- The Dark Mode will not affect your device’s speed or battery life in any way. It will simply make the screen dark and make it easier to look at without straining your eyes.
The advent of digitalization has led to an increase in the usage of smartphones. This has led to a need to reduce the strain on our eyes while using smartphones. To address this, Google has introduced a feature called Dark Mode, which can be found on their apps. This article has discussed what dark mode is and how to turn off dark mode on google, along with some tips to prevent eyestrain while using Google apps.