You might think that the first thing you’d need to address a package is an accurate PO box address, but it turns out there’s a bit more to it than that. In order to ship your goods to an Amazon warehouse, you need to have the correct shipping information. This means registering your business and creating a user profile with Amazon Seller Central before you can send anything. Once you finish creating your account and linking it with your existing company account, however, the next step is putting that information into the vendor fields for any individual products you want to sell on Amazon. An excellent way of ensuring that this data remains accessible for future use is by writing it on every package you ship. This article will explain why and how to write a PO Box address on Amazon shipments if necessary.
How To Write A PO Box Address On Amazon
- The most efficient way to ensure a perfect PO Box address is to write it yourself in the “Vendor” field. This will be what Amazon sees when they ship your merchandise, and it’s all that matters for shipping anything to your address. If you want an accurate address on every package, though, you should also check the physical street address as well.
- How To Write A PO Box Address On An Amazon Shipment
- Writing The Address On The Packaging
- Just like a physical location, any shipping information must be written on the outside of the package. This is necessary because Amazon uses technology such as barcodes and scanners that read these details from packages before they deliver them to customers’ homes or businesses.
- Locating Your Shipping Location In Order To Ship It To Your Company Storefront
- Before you start writing in the “Vendor” field regarding any shipment, you must have already registered with Amazon as a business and logged into your company account there. Once this is done, head over to the Sales tab on the left side of Seller Central and select “Sales & Inventory.” When the drop-down menu appears below this heading, select “Store Inventory” and then look under “Inventory” for an item called “REPORTING INFO.” You’ll find a box for entering your PO Box information here. Click on it and add a new address for your company’s storefront.
- The above section will give you a basic idea of how to write a PO Box address on an Amazon shipment, but the information here is brief and doesn’t show all the details of the process. In order to get an accurate description of what you need to do, we found three videos that show specific steps on how to log into your seller account, where you can find your Shipping Location, shipping methods, etc. This is extremely helpful if you’d like more information or would like to try and work through some of these steps yourself.
- Step By Step Instructions: How To Write A PO Box Address On Amazon Begin by clicking “Start Here.”
Click on “Your Account,” which will take you to your Seller Central account settings. Under “Account Settings,” click on “Account Details” and then scroll down and click on “Shipping Locations.” Under this section of your account settings, click on “Add a new shipping location.” The following guide below consists of screenshots for all three videos listed above (as well as our own personal experience doing it) courtesy of Selling E-commerce.
Why Does Amazon Require A PO Box?
- Allow Amazon to ship the item to your company storefront instead of your personal address. For example, if you live at a street address (or P.O. box), and you want the item to be delivered to your storefront, then Amazon cannot ship items directly to your P.O. box without a shipping service account or sold by store account key;
- It May also be useful if you have multiple business addresses or are using different locations for different functions of your company;
- If a package is undeliverable due to being sent back due delivery or rejected by the recipient, it is helpful for Amazon (or any service provider) associated with undeliverable packages to know where they can track down the recipient of that package;
- Many businesses have a non-working or non-existent P.O O box number and they may find that in order to receive an item from them locally it will first have to pass through their business PO box number before being sent on;
- Some services will not ship items directly overseas (including internationally) unless there is confirmation from the recipient that he/she has received their shipment as per their local laws;
- Mainly used for FedEx/UPS shipments and international deliveries (local deliveries must use USPS). However, some companies may use customers’ private street addresses as business addresses, so it can be handy if you do not want any packages going directly from their customers’ true home addresses;
- The UPU United Parcel Service Inc. creates a line item in the invoice stating “delivery to Amazon Fulfillment Center, PO Box”, which helps reduce fraud from non-recorded addresses. The UPU will not allow an invoice to be processed if this line item is left blank.
How To Find Out If You Need To Write An Amazon PO Box
- Go to the “Your Account” page, click on “Manage Orders” and then on the “Address Information” tab.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click “Get Address.”
- You can search for PO Boxes by entering a zip code or state (or, if you’re an Amazon Prime member, using Amazon’s ZIP+4 functionality). If you know your address and only have a PO Box for packages, you can enter your P.O. box in the search bar as well. This option is also available if you have recently moved as your previous address may still be listed on your old account;
- Once you’ve found your P.O Box, copy it and then go back to your base account to write this information down before deleting it from any boxes that are no longer valid (returned or just expired);
- Go back to the “Your Account” page again, and select “Manage Your Orders”. Scroll down until you see any orders that were sent by [Amazon]. You should see one that was shipped by Amazon Fulfillment Center (and not Warehouse) This tells us that we have an order shipped directly from Amazon with a PO Box address;
- If there is no such order then we know it was probably sent from a different service provider and not by Amazon itself;
- In order for us to get this information from our base account now, we need to add a new order. Go to the page where you see all your orders, and then click on “Add a new order”.
- Select “Shipped to” and then select “Amazon Fulfillment Center, PO Box”.
- Now in this box write the information we know that is not in the other boxes listed above.
- Once you’ve added your information go back to the previous page and then delete that “Amazon Fulfillment Center” option from the address screen;
- Repeat until there are no more items in your base account that have been directly shipped from Amazon (or Amazon Warehouse by their own means);
If you have a vendor account with Amazon, then you need to write a PO box address on Amazon shipments. This is the only way to make sure that your shipments are sent to the right warehouse. A physical address is not enough to send goods to the right place, which is why Amazon requires a PO box address. If you have a verified vendor account, then you have all the necessary information. If you don’t have a verified vendor account, then you need to call Amazon and ask about your vendor information. You will probably need to provide your company information as well.