Are you also facing the issue that your Spotify keeps pausing on your iPhone? It is really annoying when you are listening to music and it keeps stopping. Moreover, it also stops frequently even when there is no internet connection. This might happen as soon as you open the app or while playing a song or video. Downloading new tracks, updating libraries, and restarting the device won’t solve this problem. When all other methods seem futile, here is how to fix “why does my Spotify keep pausing on iPhone” once and for all.
Why Does My Spotify Keep Pausing iPhone?
There are a few things that could be causing this issue. One possibility is that your phone’s battery is low and it’s not able to keep streaming music for an extended period of time. Another possibility is that you have Spotify running in the background and it’s getting paused every time you switch to another app. Try force quitting Spotify, restarting your phone, and then opening Spotify again to see if that resolves the issue.
Check Your Internet Connection
- Make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is stable and strong. You can check this by launching an internet-based app such as Facebook or Twitter. If you are connected to a strong network, then there is no reason for your Spotify music to keep pausing.
- Make sure that you are connected to the right network. If you are using your phone’s data connection, then it might cause a problem. So, change the network and see if it helps in fixing the issue of Spotify keeps pausing on iPhone.
- If you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection and the issue persists, then there might be something wrong with your internet service provider. The best thing would be to talk with your ISP support team.
Reset The App And Update The iOS Software
- First of all, you need to reset the app. To do this, open your device’s Settings and then find the app under the list of apps. You can also swipe left or right on your device to find Spotify.
- Tap on it and select the ‘Reset app preferences’ option. This will bring back the default settings of Spotify. Now you need to launch it again and sign in using your account credentials to use it again.
- You should also update your iOS software as there might be some bugs that are causing this problem on your iPhone or iPad. To update iOS software, go to Settings > General > Software Update and follow the instructions given there for downloading and updating iOS software on your device.
- If you are using a VPN, then this might also cause the problem of Spotify keeps pausing on iPhone. So, uncheck the VPN and check if it helps in fixing the issue of Spotify keeps pausing on iPhone.
Turn Off Cellular Data
- The first thing you should try is to turn off the cellular data. You can do this by going to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data.
- Now, toggle the switch for Cellular Data off and on again.
- After that, try playing a song on Spotify again and see if it stops pausing or not. If it doesn’t work, move on to the next method.
Stop Third-Party Apps From Running In The Background
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the Battery option.
- Now, look for the Background App Refresh option at the very bottom of the list and toggle it off.
- Once you turn off Background App Refresh, you will see a prompt that says your device must close all apps running in the background before you can turn this feature off. Tap on ‘Close All’ to let your device finish closing these apps and then turn off Background App Refresh from the Settings app again.
- This should solve your problem if it was caused by a third-party application running in the background, but if not, move on to step 6 below.
Delete Cache And Data
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- Now, tap on the app that you want to clear the cache and data from.
- Then, swipe up and hit Delete App to delete the cache and data of the app. You can also delete both or only one of them.
- Now, open the app again and see if it works properly or not. If it doesn’t work, move on to the next step.
Check For Available Space
- The first thing to check is the available space on your device. Go to “Settings” and select “General.”
- You will see the space available under the “Storage & iCloud Usage” section. It should be at least 1GB of free space. If it is less than that, then you need to delete some files from your iPhone in order to fix this problem.
- In order to do that, go to “Settings” and select “General.” Then tap on “iPhone Storage” and find out which apps are taking up a lot of space on your iPhone in the list that follows. The Spotify app should be one of them if you have been facing this issue for a long time now.
- Tap on each app and select either “Delete App” or “Delete App and Data” depending upon whether you want to remove only the app or the app along with the data.
- Once you have deleted all the unnecessary apps from your device, restart your iPhone and check if this fixes the problem. If not, then move on to the next method.
You might be tired of trying all the above-mentioned methods to solve the problem. The question that “why does my Spotify keep pausing on your iPhone” keeps troubling you every time you open the app. The only solution to this problem is to keep exploring ways to fix it. There might be a few things that you may not have tried yet, so it is better to try everything once. Once you have figured out the source of the problem, you can start using the app without any issues. The above-mentioned are some of the most common reasons for this problem. If you follow the methods, you can solve the problem “why does my Spotify keep pausing on my iPhone”.