If you are familiar with Facebook or social media in general, you’ve probably heard the word “friending” before. It’s a word used on many social media sites that refers to becoming friends with another user. Friending someone on Facebook is essentially giving them access to see your profile so that they can learn more about you and add you as a friend as well. To friend someone on Facebook, you first need to locate their profile. This is usually done by typing their name into the search bar located towards the top of most pages on Facebook. Once you have found their profile, click on the little cogwheel icon beside their name and select Add as Friend from the drop-down menu that appears. If you can’t find their profile, there are two options for locating them further: either ask your mutual friends for their contact information or search for them using your phone’s app store if they have an app dedicated to their personal profile available (for example, Selena Gomez). If you want to know why the Add Friend button is grey instead of blue, keep reading!
Why Is The Add Friend Button On Facebook Grey?
- According to Facebook’s Help Center, the Add Friend button is grey because it is a new feature and as such doesn’t have a color associated with it. The help center also states that the button should turn blue when someone accepts your friendship request.
- In an article posted by The Verge, Facebook engineer James Pearce explained that the grey-colored button is actually meant to make it clear that users are not actually friends with one another yet. In other words, this color change indicates that the user will soon be able to add each other as friends on Facebook.
- Another reason why the Add Friend Button on Facebook is grey is that people often have different opinions about what color means on social media sites like Facebook. For example, some people believe that blue means new friends and orange means you are “talking” to someone, whereas others believe black means private messages and green means you are talking in group chats (for example, in many group chat apps, users can send a message to all of the members of a group at once). The fact that there isn’t a universal standard for friending colors makes gray look like an ambiguous choice for what color represents friending on social media platforms.
- Because of how ambiguous gray can appear depending on how it’s used by different people and different platforms, there aren’t any relevant studies or research papers discussing why the Add Friend Button on Facebook is grey instead of blue or red or green or any other color.
- There hasn’t been any official statement by Facebook about why the Add Friend Button on Facebook is grey instead of blue.
- The best way to find out if the Add Friend Button on Facebook is grey or blue is actually to try it out and see what happens! If you see that the button is grey, then you know that your friend has not accepted your friendship request yet. If you see that the button is blue, then you know that your friend has accepted your friendship request and will soon be able to add each other as friends on Facebook.
What Happens When You Click On The Grey Add Friend Button?
- When you click on the grey Add Friend button, you will be taken to the Friend Suggestions page. This page is similar to the one that appears when you click on the blue Add Friend button. However, instead of a list of all of your friends, this page contains suggestions for new friends that Facebook thinks would be good matches for you. The list is based on how often your friend likes and comments on posts, how close they are to other people in their network, and how many connections they have with other people’s friends.
- Facebook displays a different set of suggestions each time your friend uses the Add Friend Button on Facebook. This means that there isn’t one single way to find out if someone is interested in being your friend and if they have accepted your friendship request yet.
How To Find Friends On Facebook
- The easiest way to find friends on Facebook is to go to the Friend Suggestions page. This page is similar to the one that appears when you click on the blue Add Friend button.
- If you aren’t already on this page, it will take you there automatically.
- On the left side of the screen, under “Find Friends,” there are three tabs: “People You May Know,” “New People To Friend,” and “Friends.”
- Click on “People You May Know” and a list of all your friends’ names will appear below your name!
- Click on each person’s name, in turn, to see if they have accepted your friendship request yet or not!
The grey Add Friend button is Facebook’s way of making sure that you’re only adding people who you know. This is to prevent the spread of false information and malicious posts being uploaded to your timeline by unwanted “friends”. When you see the grey button, you’ll need to enter the name of someone else who knows the person you’re trying to add. If you enter the name of a mutual friend of this person, the button will turn blue and you’ll be able to add this person as a friend and see their posts on your newsfeed. If you enter the name of someone who doesn’t know this person, the button will remain grey. In this case, you’ll have to type a message explaining why you want to add this person as a friend.
How do I delete a friend from my list?
To remove a friend from your list, you can either unfriend that person on Facebook or delete their account entirely.
How do I unfriend someone on Facebook?
To unfriend someone on Facebook, click the ‘Unfriend’ button in their profile and select the ‘unfriend’ option. You will then be prompted to confirm your choice.
How do I delete a friend from my list?
To delete a friend from your list, you can either unfriend that person on Facebook or delete their account entirely.